The Notes of Lathe Sharpening
- Please note that operator should stand on the side of the lathe tool grinder, to prevent hurtful from debris if the grinding wheel is broken.
- Keeping enough distance to hold the shank of lathe tool between hands, to tighten the waist with two elbows to reduce the shaking of the lathe tool sharpening.
- During sharpening lathe tool, please place the lathe tool on the horizontal center of the grinding wheel, and the tip of the lathe tool is slightly upward about 3°-8°, when the lathe tool touches the grinding wheel that the lathe tool should be moved around horizontally.
- During sharpening major flank face, the lathe tool shank should be shifted an angle to the left as major cutting edge angle; during sharpening minor flank face, the lathe tool shank should be shifted an angle to the right as minor cutting edge angle.
- During sharpening arc of the tip, generally, holding the tip of lathe tool with left hand as a fulcrum, and at the same time, moving the shank of lathe tool with right hand.